Vertical Blinds Newcastle
For coastal areas and homes in Newcastle, vertical blinds are an elegant, practical shading solution
Popular in domestic and commercial settings, vertical blinds are a versatile shading solution for Aussie homes and businesses. With their practical design and lightweight materials, vertical blinds can be used in large, expansive rooms or customised in length to accommodate even the smallest window openings.
Vertical blinds are easy to operate and require limited maintenance or cleaning, making them an easy all-around solution. Plus, they offer improved light control compared to solid fabric shades and are easier to clean than horizontal blinds.
We install high-quality vertical and horizontal blinds Newcastle locals rely on for long-term performance. If you’re after a no-fuss, easy-to-use shading solution for your home, business or commercial setting, get in touch with our team today.
The benefits of vertical blinds
Whether you’re covering a small bathroom window, a sliding door or a large living room window, vertical blinds are an elegant and economical solution that provides exceptional value. Our modern-style vertical blinds are available in 89mm or 127mm slats with left, right or centre stacking and an optional pelmet to hide the bracket attachment.
Take a look at some of the main benefits of vertical blinds.
- They’re easier to use with sliding doors. Vertical blinds are the easiest type of window covering to add to sliding doors, creating a seamless and practical solution for your home.
- They gather less dust than horizontal blinds. Vertical blinds were originally created to attract and gather less dust than traditional horizontal blinds. Today, vertical blinds are commonly used across residential and commercial settings because of their low-maintenance design and the minimal upkeep required.
- They’re light. Vertical blinds are made with light but durable materials, making them easier to handle and control than heavier oak or timber horizontal blinds.
- They’re affordable. Thanks to their lightweight materials and straightforward construction, vertical blinds are perfect for value-conscious customers looking for a convenient solution that doesn’t sacrifice durability.
- They’re easy to clean. Vertical blinds can be quickly and easily cleaned with a feather duster or brush, saving you time and energy on your weekly household maintenance. This makes them a popular choice for homes and busy commercial settings alike.
With over 100 years of combined experience, our expert installers will ensure your made-to-measure blinds are implemented with the utmost care. Choose Blinds-N-Shutters and get the durable, stylish awnings, shutters and vertical blinds Newcastle residents deserve.
We install vertical blinds Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Port Stephens and Maitland-wide. Book a free measure and quote today.
FAQs about plantation shutters
Vertical blinds were invented in 1950 and patented in 1960 by Edward and Frederick Bopp in the United States. Unlike horizontal blinds, vertical blinds are designed to prevent dust and debris from building up on their slats, which makes them much quicker and easier to clean. This innovation made horizontal blinds a staple of homes across America, causing them to spread quickly across the world.
At Blinds-N-Shutters, we’re proud to offer all our customers a free measure and quote for their blind, shutter, awning or curtain installation. Our team will take detailed measurements of your space and provide you with everything you need should you choose us for your installation. We can also provide fabric samples to help you find the perfect material for your new vertical blinds Newcastle-wide!
When choosing window coverings for your home, it’s important to find shutters that complement your existing home decor and design aesthetic. Our premium shutters are available in a range of attractive and adaptable materials including stained timber hardwood, Fusion Plus and aluminium, allowing you to tailor your shutters to your home or business’s decor.
- Fusion Plus — Experience the benefits of high-quality carbon and glass fibre with aluminium reinforcement. Fusion Plus plantation shutters are perfect for most applications including uniquely shaped windows, delivering up to 70% more insulation than timber. Fusion plus shutters also offer the best resistance to warping and chips. As Newcastle and Maitland’s exclusive supplier of Fusion Plus shutters, we provide a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Stained timber hardwood — Our stained timber hardwood shutters are made with basswood and can be stained or painted to suit most modern Australian decor themes. providing you with high-quality shutters that can last a lifetime.
Aluminium – Our sturdy aluminium plantation shutters are designed for either indoor or outdoor use, with an elegant matt look for indoors or a high-gloss, reflective outdoor finish depending on your needs. Aluminium provides superior insulation and durability, is weather and corrosion-resistant, and is available in three louvre sizes and a range of custom paint colours.